Here at VOAK, we want to help you get the best from your candle. Please be aware of the following candle safety information. This can also be found on the sticker at the base of each candle / pack of tealights.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Burn candles out of reach of children and pets.
- Always leave at least 10cm between burning candles.
- Do not burn candles on or near anything that can catch fire.
- Only burn candles on a level, heat-resistant surface.
- Never burn candles for more than 4 hours at a time.
- Do not allow the flame to touch the sides of the vessel.
- On the first burn, always burn for 3-4 hours to ensure an even melt pool.
- Ensure the wick is upright, above the wax and central before the wax sets.
- Always trim the wick to 5mm before lighting to avoid smoking and damage to the candle vessel.
- Vessels may become hot during use.
- Extinguish when 5mm of wax remains and do not relight.
Extra useful tips to note:
- The first burn is the most important. Please ensure your candle pools to the edge on this burn. This will ensure the candle doesn't tunnel on future burns.
- Trim the wick to 5mm before each burn to prevent the flame becoming too big.
- As your candle wax gets lower, keep a close eye on it to ensure it doesn't become fully liquid, as this may cause the wick to move, tip, or drown.
- Remember to stop burning your candle when 5mm of wax remains at the bottom.